Milestones

1892 St. Albert’s school started on Feb 1, 1892 with only 31 students. The school was established by Italian Missionary, Vicar General Rev. Fr. Candice, under the direction from then Archbishop of Verapoly, His Grace the Most Rev. Dr. Leonardo Mellano.
1896 On August 4, 1896, the school was elevated to the level of Lower Secondary School
1897 The two Gothic buildings which have been important land marks of Cochin City were constructed in 1897. The design and construction was carried out by Mr. Raiappan of Kottar village in erstwhile Travancore State.
1898 In 1898 due to shortage of students at St. Philomina’s High School in Koonammavu, its students and teachers were incorporated into St. Albert’s School, which had greatly helped our school to be upgraded to a High school level, and on Jan 11, 1898 formal up-gradation was done.
1898 On August 18, 1898 school got the recognition of Madras University.
1907 In 1907 a new building was constructed at the north east corner of the school ground, which was meant for hostel and chapel, school chapel still resides at this building.
1946 July 16, St. Albert’s College started in the St. Albert’s H.S. Building with 150 Intermediate Course Students, affiliated to Madras University
1946 Very Rev. Msgr. Joseph Vaipicherry, took charge as the Manager of Both St. Albert’s High School and St. Albert’s College
1946 Prof. & Grand Chevalier L.M. Pylee was appointed the first Principal
1946 Dec. 20, Foundation Stone for the New College Building was laid by the Founder Patron Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Attipetty
1947 Prof. L.M. Pylee was elevated Education Minister of Travancore-Kochi State
1947 Rev. Dr. Luke Burke, O.F.M. (Ireland) was appointed the second Principal
1947 Degree Courses were started in Botany, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics
1949 Prof. L.M. Pylee was appointed Principal for the second time
1952 Dec. 31, New College Building was blessed by His Eminence Norman Thomas Cardinal Gilroy (Sydney Archbishop)
1956 Very Rev. Msgr. Xavier Kaniyampurath was appointed the third Principal
1957 Rt. Rev. Msgr. Alexander Lenthaparambil took charge as the Manager
1960 Rt. Rev. Msgr. Francis Payyappilly took charge as the Manager
1963 B.Com. Degree course started
1964 M.Sc. Maths & Botany P.G. Degree courses started
1970 January 21, Archbishop Attipetty expired
1971 Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Kelanthara took charge as the second Patron
1973 Rev. Dr. Augustine O. Konnully was appointed the fourth Principal
1978 Rt. Rev. Msgr. Emmanuel Lopez took charge as the Manager
1978 Rev. Fr. Antony J. Panakkal was appointed the fifth Principal
1978 March 11, Rt. Rev. Dr. Antony Thannikot consecrated Auxiliary Bishop and took charge as Co-Patron
1979 Rev. Fr. Sebastian Kunnathoor was appointed Bursar
1980 M.Com. P.G. Degree course started
1983 M.Sc. Chemistry P.G. Degree course started
1984 Rev. Fr. Raphael Ollattupuram took charge as the Manager
1984 Feb. 24, Bishop Thannikot expired
1985 Prof. C.B. Peter was appointed the sixth Principal
1986 Oct. 19, Archbishop Kelanthara expired
1987 March 19, Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Cornelius Elenjikal took charge as the 3rd Patron
1987 Rev. Dr. Joseph Thaikoodan took charge as the Manager
1987 Prof. A. J. Benjamin appointed as the seventh Principal
1992 Prof. Joseph Leslie Nedungadan appointed as the eighth Principal
1993 Prof. Mathew Pylee appointed as the nineth Principal
1993 IGNOU started
1993 C.A. Professional Education – I started
1994 Prof. P. G. Michael appointed as the tenth Principal
1995 B.Sc. Aqua culture started
1996 Prof. Mathew J. Vaz appointed as the eleventh Principal
1996 B.Sc. Industrial Fish & Fishery started
1996 Purchased 3.25 acres of land at Pizhala and developed a modern aquaculture demonstration Farm
1996 New College Auditorium opened
1996 Golden Jubilee Celebrations
1996 Archbishop Cornelius Elenjikal retired
1996 Nov. 3, Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil took charge as the Fourth Patron
1998 Rev. Fr. Jose Chelangara took charge as the Manager
1998 Research Centre, Commerce started
1998 Research Centre, Maths started
1999 M.Sc. Physics started
1999 State of Art Tennis complex with Australian Flexy cushion surface inaugurated
1999 Prof. M.R. Joseph appointed as the twelfth Principal
2000 Research Centre, Chemistry started
2000 New Seminar Hall opened
2000 B.A. English started
2001 B.Sc. Voc. Chemistry started
2002 C.A. Professional Education – II started
2002 College declared Complete Computer Literate
2002 College Chapel blessed
2003 College Nationally accredited at the B++ level by NAAC
2003 New College Canteen inaugurated
2003 Rev. Dr. Clement Valluvassery took charge as the Manager
2003 Prof. P. J. Leslie appointed as the thirteenth Principal
2004 State of Art Basket Ball court with international standards inaugurated
2004 Carrier oriented Add-on courses started
2004 Business English certificate course started
2004 Inauguration of Bio-Science Lab Complex in the newly constructed building
2005 M A English started
2006 Diamond Jubilee Celebrations
2006 MBA Course started
2006 Albertian Institute of Management (AIM) was blessed by Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil on 17th May 2006
2006 Co-education introduced to aided undergraduate courses
2007 ISO 9001:2000 certified by TUV Rheinland
2007 Prof. Stanley was appointed as the fourteenth Principal
2007 Prof. Titus Correya was appointed as Vice Principal
2007 Research Centre, Zoology started
2007 Research Centre, Botany started
2007 B.Sc. Animation Course started 2007
2008 A state of the Art English Language Lab with latest facilities inaugurated
2008 Chemistry Lab accredited by Pollution Control Board
2008 Inauguration of CRG Group – Research Lab of Conservation Research Group
2008 Foundation stone laid for Women’s Hostel by Most Rev. Dr. Daniel Acharuparambil
2008 Chemistry Department selected under FIST program by Department of Science and Technology
2009 Co-education introduced to aided postgraduate courses
2009 State of the Art Council Hall “Concillium” inaugurated
2009 College Nationally accredited at A Grade with CGPA of 3.23 out of 4 by NAAC
2009 Certificate in Accounting Technicians of ICWAI started
2010 Prof. Harry Cleetus was appointed as Vice Principal
2010 ISO 9001:2008 re certified by TUV Rheinland
2010 Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Francis Kallarackal took charge as the Fifth Patron on 11th April 2010
2011 Digital spectroscopy lab inaugurated in Physics Department
2011 M.Sc. in Space Science and Technology started
2012 Prof Harry Cleetus was appointed as the 15th Principal
2012 Dr. Cyriac Mathew was appointed as Vice Principal
2012 B.Com Computer Application started
2013 Rev. Fr. Antony Arackal took charge as the manager
2013 M A Economics started
2013 Skill Development Centre of Department of Fisheries and Aquaculture started
2013 Ph D Course Work (Chemistry, Mathematics, Commerce, Botany, Zoology) Started
2014 New Indoor Stadium cum Multipurpose Hall Inaugurated
2014 BBA (Business Administration) Started
2014 B. Voc. Logistics Management Started
2014 B. Voc. Renewable Energy Started
2014 Inauguration of – Ornamental Fish Culture Lab
2014 Science Departments of the College selected under FIST program by Department of Science and Technology
2014 Foundation Stone Laid for the New Block of the St. Albert’s College
2015 A state of the Art Seminar Hall with latest facilities inaugurated
2015 St. Albert’s College is recommended by Kerala Higher Education Council for Autonomous Status
2015 BVoc Renewable Energy Lab (Thermal Energy, Wind Energy, Solar Energy, and other related equipments)
2015 Instrumentation Lab with the support of Department of Science and Technology (FIST)
2015 B. Com Taxation (SF) Started
2015 B. Sc Computer Science (SF) Started
2015 M S W Social Work (SF) Started
2015 Air Conditioned Mac Lab (Apple-Lab)
2016 Inauguration of New Academic Building by Archbishop Dr. Francis Kallarackal
2016 College Nationally accredited at A Grade NAAC (Third Cycle)
2016 Dr. M L Joseph was appointed as the Principal, Dr. V S Sadanandan & Dr. Titus Correya were appointed as Vice Principals
2016 UGC confirmed Autonomous status to St. Albert’s College from academic year 2016-2017

 


Gallery